The first record about Minetti house comes from the 16th century, exactly from 1510. Another record, almost 100 years younger, describes the fire in 1604, after which the building was completely destroyed. However, the house was rebuilt in 1629. František Minetti de Fortuna of Milan, Italy, bought the house Nr 474 in 1678. At that time he also owned the neighbouring house Nr 475 called „On the Sharp Corner“. This house once belonged to the important house of Junker, providing shelter for the Czech King Jiří z Poděbrad on his first visit to Cheb in 1459. Once they belonged to one owner, both houses were joined and kept in books together, marked as „upper“ and „lower“ until 1751, when they were divided again.
The Italian house of Minetti became part of the town history. František Minetti was a member of the Town Council from 1672. During the life of his son Jiří Ondřej, from 1703 to 1711, an important Serbian revolutionairy, Duke Jiří Brankovič, was interned in his house. Brankovič lead the national liberation front against the Turks, fighting for an independent Serbian state later. He is buried on the cemetery in Sv. Kříž. His stay in Cheb was described by his incarcerator, Jiří Ondřej Minetti, in his chronicles from 1715, an attempt to summarise the world history with respect to the history of Cheb. The correspondence of the House of Minetti along with their sealer bearing the shape of a blazon is found in the District Chancery.
The Minetti house is also the birthplace of the world famous piannist, Rudolf Serkin.